PFAS-FREE BOARD-TO-BOARD CONNECTORS WITH ULTEM™ RESIN
As the adoption of 5G communications technology continues to accelerate, the need for small cells, base stations and servers increases. Infrastructure and system components, including optical transceiver modules and radio frequency (RF) coaxial board-to-board connectors (in plug-in style or pogo-pin style), can benefit from the use of high-performance engineering thermoplastics. ULTEM resin is a PFAS*- free polyetherimide material that helps support high-speed, large-scale production and may also offer opportunities to lower system costs.
PROVEN RELIABLE SOLUTION THAT MAY BE USED FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE BOARD-TO-BOARD CONNECTORS
• Replacement of the PTFE dielectric insulator with an injection moldable and reliable thermoplastic solution
• Provides long-term outstanding dimensional, thermal and mechanical performance over a wide temperature range
• Offers stable dielectrics over a wide temperature and humidity range
IMPROVED DESIGN FREEDOM WITH CUSTOM COLORS AND PFAS-FREE
• Injection molding offers better design possibilities for improved assembly, functionality and system cost out opportunities
• A wide selection of halogen-, PFAS- and PFOA-free FR solutions
• Most ULTEM resins can be custom colored for part recognition during assembly
ECONOMICAL MASS PRODUCTION OF COMPONENTS AND AVAILABLE AS A BIOBASED SOLUTION
• Proven large series production with high yields
• ISCC+ certified biobased solutions are available to support carbon footprint reduction
CONTACT USReach out to us for one-on-one support to ensure you have all the information and insights you need to choose the best-fit material for your application.
DISCLAIMER: ANY SALE BY SABIC, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES (EACH A “SELLER”), IS MADE EXCLUSIVELY UNDER SELLER’S STANDARD CONDITIONS OF SALE (AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST) UNLESS AGREED OTHERWISE IN WRITING AND SIGNED ON BEHALF OF THE SELLER. WHILE THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH, SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, NOR ASSUMES ANY LIABILITY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WITH RESPECT TO THE PERFORMANCE, SUITABILITY OR FITNESS FOR INTENDED USE OR PURPOSE OF THESE PRODUCTS IN ANY APPLICATION.
Each customer must determine the suitability of seller materials for the customer’s particular use through appropriate testing and analysis. No statement by seller concerning a possible use of any product, service or design is intended, or should be construed, to grant any license under any patent or other intellectual property right. SABIC and brands marked with ™ are trademarks of SABIC or its subsidiaries or affiliates, unless otherwise noted.
© 2023 Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC). All Rights Reserved.
Any brands, products or services of other companies referenced in this document are the trademarks, service marks and/or trade names of their respective holders.
Your PDF is downloading. Please wait.
Register for High value Multi-Point Data
- Access validated product data to streamline material selection
- Get inspired by innovative application ideas
- Register for high value multi-point data and a personalized experience