SOLUTIONS FOR MARINE BATTERY APPLICATIONS
NORYL™ HIGH TEMPERATURE RESIN
BATTERY APPLICATIONS BEYOND ELECTRIC VEHICLES
The NORYL™ resin portfolio for marine battery storage applications (casings, cell frames and end plates) consists of amorphous blends of polyphenylene ether (PPE) and high-impact polystyrene (HIPS).
These unique blends optimize the inherent benefits of PPE resin:
• Self-charring during thermal events
• High heat and creep resistance
• Good electrical properties
• Excellent hydrolytic stability
• Long-term dimensional stability
• Low specific gravity (lighter parts)
• Impact resistance / toughness
• High flow for injection molding
NORYL resin is a candidate for use in harsh heat and high humidity environments.
TYPICAL INDUSTRY REQUIREMENTS
• Flame resistance: UL 94 V0 rated
• Thermal runaway mitigation
• Chemical resistance to ethylene glycol
• Good tensile and flexural creep under constant load
• Modulus at elevated temperatures up to 160C
INDUSTRY DRIVERS FOR ENERGY STORAGE AND ELECTRIC PROPULSION
• Improved performance and reliability
• Availability of redundant power
• Potential for fuel savings and emissions reduction as a result of lighter components
NORYL™ resin is an excellent candidate for marine battery applications due to its unique combination of physical and electrical properties… plus outstanding chemical compatibility with acids and bases used in batteries.
CONTACT USReach out to us for one-on-one support to ensure you have all the information and insights you need to choose the best-fit material for your application.
DISCLAIMER: ANY SALE BY SABIC, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES (EACH A “SELLER”), IS MADE EXCLUSIVELY UNDER SELLER’S STANDARD CONDITIONS OF SALE (AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST) UNLESS AGREED OTHERWISE IN WRITING AND SIGNED ON BEHALF OF THE SELLER. WHILE THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH, SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, NOR ASSUMES ANY LIABILITY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WITH RESPECT TO THE PERFORMANCE, SUITABILITY OR FITNESS FOR INTENDED USE OR PURPOSE OF THESE PRODUCTS IN ANY APPLICATION.
Each customer must determine the suitability of seller materials for the customer’s particular use through appropriate testing and analysis. No statement by seller concerning a possible use of any product, service or design is intended, or should be construed, to grant any license under any patent or other intellectual property right. SABIC and brands marked with ™ are trademarks of SABIC or its subsidiaries or affiliates, unless otherwise noted.
© 2020 Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC). All Rights Reserved.
Any brands, products or services of other companies referenced in this document are the trademarks, service marks and/or trade names of their respective holders.
Your PDF is downloading. Please wait.
Register for High value Multi-Point Data
- Access validated product data to streamline material selection
- Get inspired by innovative application ideas
- Register for high value multi-point data and a personalized experience