THERMOPLASTIC SOLUTIONS FOR AUTOMOTIVE CONNECTORS
With the shift to hybrid and all-electric vehicles, requirements are changing for connectors, connection systems, and many other components. SABIC has solutions.
- For over two decades, manufacturers have drawn from our proven portfolio of VALOX™ polyester resins for these components.
- Our flame retardant (FR) VALOX glass fiber compounds bring good electrical properties, improved chemical resistance, lower water absorption, and high CTI performance.
- We now have a new line of non-halogenated FR polypropylene (PP) solutions, available as SABIC® PP compounds (SGF-PP) and STAMAX™ resins (LGF-PP).
- With these easily processed materials, you can achieve a low flammability rating that meets the UL94 V0 FR standard at 1.5 mm up to 3.0 mm.
- They offer easy processing and excellent mechanical and electrical performance.
- For more complex connector designs, we offer XENOY™ HTX resins, high-heat polyester alloys. Advantages of this high-flow, heat-stabilized solution includes performance at a varied temperature range and high stiffness.
- Our dedicated automotive team can help you with solutions for connectors. In addition to proven materials, we can provide engineering resources and assistance to support the optimization of your design.
CONTACT USReach out to us for one-on-one support to ensure you have all the information and insights you need to choose the best-fit material for your application.
DISCLAIMER: THE MATERIALS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OF SAUDI BASIC INDUSTRIES CORPORATION (SABIC) OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES (“SELLER”) ARE SOLD SUBJECT TO SELLER’S STANDARD CONDITIONS OF SALE, WHICH ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH. HOWEVER, SELLER MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE (i) THAT ANY RESULTS DESCRIBED IN THIS DOCUMENT WILL BE OBTAINED UNDER END-USE CONDITIONS, OR (ii) AS TO THE EFFECTIVENESS OR SAFETY OF ANY DESIGN OR APPLICATION INCORPORATING SELLER’S MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR RECOMMENDATIONS. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN SELLER’S STANDARD CONDITIONS OF SALE, SELLER SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF ITS MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR RECOMMENDATIONS DESCRIBED IN THIS DOCUMENT.
Each user is responsible for making its own determination as to the suitability of Seller’s materials, products, services or recommendations for the user’s particular use through appropriate end-use and other testing and analysis. Nothing in any document or oral statement shall be deemed to alter or waive any provision of Seller’s Standard Conditions of Sale or this Disclaimer, unless it is specifically agreed to in a writing signed by Seller. Statements by Seller concerning a possible use of any material, product, service or design do not, are not intended to, and should not be construed to grant any license under any patent or other intellectual property right of Seller or as a recommendation for the use of any material, product, service or design in a manner that infringes any patent or other intellectual property right.
SABIC and brands marked with ™ are trademarks of SABIC or its subsidiaries or affiliates, unless otherwise noted.
© 2023 Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC). All Rights Reserved.
Any brands, products or services of other companies referenced in this document are the trademarks, service marks and/or trade names of their respective holders.
Your PDF is downloading. Please wait.
Register for High value Multi-Point Data
- Access validated product data to streamline material selection
- Get inspired by innovative application ideas
- Register for high value multi-point data and a personalized experience