PRIMERLESS IN- AND ON-LINE PAINTING
Design with confidence
Inherently conductive NORYL GTX™ resins offer automotive OEMs design advantages with large, high-precision body panels and complex fenders by allowing for existing process integration including high-heat on-line painting systems, all while providing outstanding aesthetics and performance.
NORYL GTX conductive alloys of polyphenylene ether (PPE) and polyamide (PA) decrease the coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE) by up to 20 to 40 percent vs. previous grades, allowing for increased dimensional stability and improved gap and flush management.
• Up to 20-40% lower CTE
- Increased dimensional stability
- Improved gap and flush management
• Conductive for primerless painting
- Electrostatic painting
- Powder coat systems
- Solvent-based systems
BENEFITS FOR BODY PANELS
• Large, top-quality, high-precision
• Consistent long-term dimensional stability
• Higher-heat online painting systems
• Outstanding aesthetics + performance
• Enhanced conductivity at higher temperature while maintaining excellent mechanical properties
WEIGHT OUT BENEFITS VS STEEL BODY PANELS
• Potential for reduced fuel consumption and emissions
• Potential weight reduction up to 3.2kg
• Up to 40% less energy consumption
• Up to 42% less carbon dioxide (C02) emissions per part over lifecycle
CONTACT USReach out to us for one-on-one support to ensure you have all the information and insights you need to choose the best-fit material for your application.
DISCLAIMER: ANY SALE BY SABIC, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES (EACH A “SELLER”), IS MADE EXCLUSIVELY UNDER SELLER’S STANDARD CONDITIONS OF SALE (AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST) UNLESS AGREED OTHERWISE IN WRITING AND SIGNED ON BEHALF OF THE SELLER. WHILE THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH, SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, NOR ASSUMES ANY LIABILITY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WITH RESPECT TO THE PERFORMANCE, SUITABILITY OR FITNESS FOR INTENDED USE OR PURPOSE OF THESE PRODUCTS IN ANY APPLICATION.
Each customer must determine the suitability of seller materials for the customer’s particular use through appropriate testing and analysis. No statement by seller concerning a possible use of any product, service or design is intended, or should be construed, to grant any license under any patent or other intellectual property right. SABIC and brands marked with ™ are trademarks of SABIC or its subsidiaries or affiliates, unless otherwise noted.
© 2023 Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC). All Rights Reserved.
Any brands, products or services of other companies referenced in this document are the trademarks, service marks and/or trade names of their respective holders.
Your PDF is downloading. Please wait.
Register for High value Multi-Point Data
- Access validated product data to streamline material selection
- Get inspired by innovative application ideas
- Register for high value multi-point data and a personalized experience